At baseball games across the U.S., thousands of fans may sing “buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks,” but for families managing food allergies, these traditional snacks can affect the decision about whether to attend a game in person. With shelled peanuts often found in the stands and other allergen-containing foods served throughout the ballpark, a baseball game can feel like an allergic reaction waiting to happen.
Luckily, many minor and major league teams are stepping up to the plate and hosting games that cater to families dealing with allergies.
There are a number of food-allergy-friendly baseball games coming up this summer. Check out the list below, and let us know if you have any additions of food-allergy-friendly games in your area. Be sure to check with the team/stadium about the specific accommodations they will be making.
- Milwaukee Brewers Peanut-Controlled Dates (Jul. 5, Aug. 15, Aug. 30)
- Birmingham Barons Peanut Free Night (Jun. 24)
- Baltimore Orioles Peanut Allergy Suite Available (Jun. 24, Jul.8, Jul 30, Aug. 16, Sep. 5)
- Chicago White Sox Nut Allergy Awareness Game (Jun. 29)
- Seattle Mariners Peanut Controlled Area Game (Jun. 25, Jul. 26, Aug. 27)
- St. Louis Cardinals Peanut Controlled Game (Jul. 7, Aug. 4)
- San Diego Padres Peanut Controlled Zone (Jul. 9, Aug. 18)
- Colorado Rockies Peanut Allergy Friendly Game (Aug. 12)
- New York Mets at San Diego Padres Peanut Controlled Zone (Aug. 18)
- Minnesota Twins Peanut Controlled Days (Jul. 30, Aug. 4, Aug. 27, Sep. 8, Sep. 15)
- Toronto Blue Jays Peanut Controlled section (Jul. 19, Aug. 27, Sep. 10). For tickets and information, call 416-341-3175 or e-mail email@example.com
- Washington Nationals Peanut Free Seats (Jul. 28, Sep. 15). Contact Brian Beck for tickets 202-640-7647, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boston Red Sox Peanut Allergy Friendly Games (Jul. 20, Aug. 3, Aug. 31)
- Kane County Cougars Peanut-free Game (Jul. 18)
- Pawtucket Red Sox Peanut Free Allergy Night (Aug. 13)
- Nashville Sounds Peanut Free Night (Jul. 22)
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders Peanut Free Night (Jul. 18)
- Round Rock Express Peanut Controlled Night (Jul. 10)
- Lowell Spinners Peanut Free Night (Jun. 30, Jul. 14, Jul. 24, Aug. 4, Aug. 18, Sep. 1)
- Reading Phillies Food Allergy Awareness Game Night (Aug. 22)
- Charlotte Knights Food Free Box (Aug. 18). Contact Bret Butler 704-357-8071, ask for tickets in the Food Free Box
You can also learn about new games as they are added by visiting FARE’s Regional Offices page on our website, where you can find a link to the FARE office nearest you with calendar listings of events.