The dawn of a new year is a great time to resolve to take action for the food allergy community in 2015! There are so many ways you can get involved – we’ve made this list to get you started!
- Always carry your epinephrine auto-injectors. And make sure they are up to date! Click here for a list of 2015 Patient Assistance Resources.
- Continue learning about food allergies by attending the FARE National Food Allergy Conferenceand our free educational webinars, or viewing an archived webinar.
- Educate your friends, family members, neighbors and community. You can donate a book about food allergies to a library, give a presentation at a school or gathering, or pass out some of FARE’s free resources.
- Sign up for a FARE Walk for Food Allergy, recruit others to join you, and set a fundraising goal. You can also find other events in your region by connecting with your FARE Regional Office.
- Connect with others by joining a support group.
- Share our SafeFARE flyer with restaurants in your area to encourage them to get allergen-trained and added to our database.
- Sign up for the ResearchMatch food allergy sub-registry. Developed with the assistance of FARE’s Medical Advisory Board and funded by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, this sub-registry connects individuals and families to new food allergy clinical trials nationwide.
- Join our Advocates Network to make your voice heard on federal and state legislation.
- Create your own fundraiser. From participating in athletic challenges to having a lemonade stand in your front yard, there are lots of fun, creative ways to help raise funds for food allergy research, education, advocacy and awareness programs. Your event will not only support FARE’s mission, it will spark a conversation about food allergies, giving you an opportunity to educate others in your community.
- Become a FARE member. Every new member makes a difference and helps us make the world better for people with food allergies.
What food allergy actions will you take this year? Share your suggestions in the comments!