Thousands of walkers, volunteers and supporters will come together over the next four months in more than 50 cities in support of their loved ones, friends and the 15 million Americans with food allergies for the FARE Walk for Food Allergy.
In the last decade, the FARE Walk for Food Allergy has raised more than $24 million for programs that have made a life-changing impact in the food allergy community.
Funds raised by walk events help to support critically important national initiatives and resources such as:
- the FARE Clinical Network, the nation’s largest collaborative network dedicated to food allergy research and clinical care,
- mobilization on advocacy priorities such as expanding access to epinephrine, the first-line treatment for severe allergic reactions,
- awareness campaigns to raise the profile of food allergy as a serious public health issue,
- the lead sponsorship of a consensus study on food allergy by the Institute of Medicine and
- the expansion of the FARE College Food Allergy Program, which is helping colleges and universities provide a safer experience for students with food allergies.
The FARE Walk for Food Allergy gathers friends, families, neighbors and co-workers together from coast to coast for family-friendly events that inspire and raise awareness.
For a complete list of FARE Walk for Food Allergy events or to register, form a team or make a donation, visit www.foodallergywalk.org.