FARE is seeking individuals to join Community Engagement Councils (CEC) in select communities throughout the country.
In designated communities, the CECs will play a critical role in improving the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies.
Key to this is pursuing community trust and partnership between FARE, the CEC, FARE’s Clinical Network sites, parents, patients, professionals, and the public. Building these relationships will help to create a culture committed to increasing awareness and understanding of food allergies and supporting those affected.
FARE is seeking applicants from the following categories:
- Parent of a child under 18 with food allergy
- Adult with food allergy
- Young adult/college student with food allergy
- School nurse
- Private practice physician
- Private practice pediatrician
- Other roles/backgrounds will also be considered
Members will serve one two-year term, eligible for renewal once.
The role of CEC members:
- Assist FARE in the development of a community-specific plan;
- Outreach in such mission-focus areas as schools, underserved communities and the medical field;
- Serve as ambassadors to raise awareness of food allergies as a serious medical and public health issue;
- Assist with educating the public on food allergies;
- Participate in FARE-led community-based events such as the FARE Walk for Food Allergy.
The targeted regions in the preliminary initiative are:
- Ann Arbor
- San Diego
- San Francisco
Applicants should be in or near these cities. CEC members should be willing to commit five to 10 hours per month to the role.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, September 15.
To apply, go to https://form.jotform.com/62144750057149.