The Teal Pumpkin Project is a nationwide movement that offers an alternative for kids with food allergies, as well as other children for whom candy is not an option. You can help make Halloween a fun, positive experience for all by following these simple steps!
- Provide non-food treats for trick-or-treaters
- Non-food options, like glow sticks, promote inclusion for trick-or-treaters with food allergies or other conditions.
- Paint or purchase a teal pumpkin
- Paint a real pumpkin teal, using acrylic or spray paint.
- Or, purchase a pumpkin from a local retailer or online.
- Place the teal pumpkin in front of your home
- This indicates to passersby that you have non-food treats available.
- Display a free printable sign or premium poster from FARE
- This will help explain the meaning of your teal pumpkin to visitors to your home.
- Embrace the teal!
- Teal is the color of food allergy awareness. It has been used to raise awareness about this serious medical condition for nearly 20 years.
- Spread the word to your friends and neighbors to grow this movement!
Support the Project
Please help FARE continue to raise awareness about the Teal Pumpkin Project and make a donation today. Individuals who make a gift of $10 or more will receive a free Teal Pumpkin Project window cling (while supplies last).