Your partnership to FARE matters more and more as food allergy has become a prominent health issue in America. As the leading national advocacy organization working on behalf of the 15 million Americans who have food allergies, FARE strives to provide a national voice to ensure individuals and families with food allergies live safe, productive lives with respect of others.
Your support gives FARE a louder voice to bring us closer to improving the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies, and providing them hope through the promise of new treatments.
Here are a few ways that your donations helped advance the mission of FARE this year. In 2016, FARE:
- Supported 53 local education and awareness initiatives with funding from our Community Outreach Award Program. FARE’s Community Outreach Awards Program provides funding and in-kind support to local food allergy leaders to put on programs – such as conferences, school presentations and other events – to improve understanding of food allergies within their local communities.
- Continued its education outreach efforts in a number of ways, including hosting free monthly educational webinars that can be accessed 24/7, speaking at national conferences and providing daily services to individuals who call and write to our staff members about issues or questions they have regarding food allergies.
- Worked in partnership with advocates across the country to expand the availability of stock epinephrine. In 2016, 10 states passed laws allowing entities such as stadiums, theme parks and day care centers to stock epinephrine. Laws expanding stock epinephrine access in schools were passed by four states and the District of Columbia.
- Delivered nearly 30,000 copies of Your Food Allergy Field Guide, FARE’s free toolkit that provides patients and their families with critical information to bridge them from initial diagnosis to living well with food allergies. Since this program began in November 2013, FARE has distributed more than 140,000 of these critical education resources. A digital version may be downloaded for free from FARE’s website.
- Expanded the FARE Clinical Network, a revolutionary food allergy research collaborative. We’re now supporting the efforts of 28 clinical care and research facilities across the country at an annual investment of $2.7 million. This groundbreaking research collaborative consists of 28 leading centers of excellence across the country and allows for a coordinated approach to food allergy research – a critical component of accelerating the pace of research.
- Renewed our investment in the FARE Investigator in Food Allergy Awards. This multimillion dollar, multiyear research grant program is aimed at attracting gifted early and mid-career investigators to the field of food allergy. The recipients of the second cycle of awards will be announced in early 2017.
We are grateful that we can count on you to ensure the continuation of important services and resources this year and beyond. Thank you for your generosity and partnership as we work together to make a difference for the 15 million Americans living with food allergies
Learn more about the impact your donations at Your Donations At Work.